75th Birthday Greetings Card


 Happy August!

Welcome back to my blog! I can't believe we're already in August. This month I'm excited to share a project based on the theme "Old Project, New Twist." It's always fun revisiting older ideas and giving them a fresh new look with different techniques, products and a little extra creativity.

For this project, I created a special handmade 75th birthday card for my lovely Mum, who celebrated her milestone birthday last week. Designing something so personal made this project even more enjoyable, and I wanted to create a card that felt elegant, feminine and full of love. I chose a soft colour palette of blush pinks, rose gold and glittering champagne tones, layering beautiful die-cut borders and hearts to add depth, texture and plenty of dimension. The finished card sparkles beautifully in the light, and I absolutely loved watching it come together.

One of my favourite things about card making is taking dies I've used before and discovering completely new ways to use them. That's exactly what this month's challenge was all about! Rather than creating something similar to previous projects, I wanted to give these dies a fresh purpose and show how versatile they really are.

The card was created using Eileen Hull's Field Notes Journal together with the gorgeous Hearts & Borders die set, which was released in late Spring. They work beautifully for elegant greetings cards. The decorative borders create stunning layered backgrounds, while the heart dies make perfect focal points for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and so many other occasions.

I hope this project inspires you to dig out some of your older dies and see them with fresh eyes. Sometimes all it takes is a new colour palette, a different layout or combining products you wouldn't normally put together to create something completely unique. Happy crafting, and I'll see you again next month with another creative project! 🎨💕


I layered the hearts using foam pads to create a beautiful dimensional effect, building them up in gradual heights so each heart sits slightly higher than the one beneath it. This simple technique adds depth, texture and movement to the design, helping the focal point really stand out and giving the card a more professional, handcrafted finish.


The decorative border edges create the perfect backdrop for the design, adding delicate detail and helping every element stand out beautifully. They frame the card wonderfully, bringing the whole composition together while making the layered hearts and metallic accents really pop.


To finish the design, I added a scattering of pearly white sequins to bring a touch of sparkle and elegance, before adding the birthday sentiment to complete the card. These final embellishments help tie the whole design together, creating a handmade card that feels both sophisticated and full of love.


Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I truly appreciate your support and hope this project has inspired you to revisit some of your older dies and experiment with new ideas. If you decide to create something similar, I'd love to see what you make! Until next time, happy crafting, and enjoy every creative moment. 💕🎨

🩷 Sarah Lizzie 🩷


Comments

Popular Posts