Welcome to the world precious boy!

 




Welcome to the Chapter 1 Eileen Hull/Sizzix Release Party Blog Hop! Just wait till you see all of the fun options the new ScoreBoards Folio Journal die has in store for you! You will also love the Mandala and Folio Page, Pockets and Flower Thinlits dies that coordinate <3 
Please hop through the blogs and be inspired by the work of the talented Inspiration and Educator teams! Leave a comment for each designer and you could win a Folio Journal die (as soon as it arrives!)
Join me and specials guests for a Facebook Live on Wednesday, Feb. 3 at noon Eastern. Comment on our Facebook Live and be eligible to win either the Mandela die or the Folio Pages, Pockets and Flowers die- two winners! 
Winners will be announced on the Facebook Live show on February 9 at 6:00 EST. 
We appreciate your love and support, friends!


So, I wanted to share with you the latest project I have created using Eileen Hull’s new folio die. I wanted to create something different so I went with this Baby Boy folio. I kind of wanted it to be like a mini scrapbook, showing some cute baby pics etc. 

Here is how I created it....

Step 1: The covers & doily were cut out


Step 2: I chose a lovely blue background with hearts on. I cut it slightly shorted than the covers, so it had a white edge around to break up the pattern


Step 3: I then used hot glue to attach the covers to make my folio


Step 4: I wanted to keep the colour theme going but I wanted a different pattern, so I went for this to cover the inside of the folio...


Step 5: Now the fun begins! Time to start designing and decorating! So I started by adding the gorgeous doily to the front cover


Step 6: I took the MDF words and painted them a light, pastel blue. I gave them a couple of coats of the acrylic paint to make sure they had a good coverage! Once dry, I then added white pen detail just to add a bit of detail



Step 7: I added the words to the front of the folio. I added a few buttons to the bottom left hand corner


Step 8: Whilst thinking about what else I wanted to add to the front cover, I made a start on designing the inside. I started by adding a little holder in the corner so I could store cards or photos behind it and to keep everything together within the folio


Step 9: I wanted to add a notebook within the folio, so precious memories could be recorded in there. Children grow up so fast that it’s always good to record precious memories and important milestones! So here, I have started to cut out and construct a notebook...


Step 10: I wanted to add some ribbon to the cover (yes, I am a ribbon addict, who isn’t?? Haha) Once the decorating was complete, I then strapped it to the spine of the folio using silk thread...



Step 11: The last and final step was to design each page...







Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my blog. Check out all the other blogs within Eileen Hull Designs featuring the Chapter 1 release. Hope you are inspired to get creative! See you all again very soon!

Click on the links below to check out the other fab blogs!

Eileen Hull Designs


Julia Aston


Madeline Arendt


Jennie Atkinson


Karen Bearse


Susie Madden Benz


Sue Eldred


Maggie Harding


Lisa Hoel


Jenny Marples


Elizabeth Robinson


Tonia Trantham


Betsy Skagen


























Comments

  1. So so cute and thank you for such detailed directions. I have a friend who recently delivered a little girl so this will be very helpful to make! for a little one

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful book for new baby Sarah Lizzie! Love the bold letters and wonderful designs on the pages and pockets inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blues made a beautiful book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I need to try this for my co-worker - I have to wait for the gender reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wha a wonderful album for a Baby Boy. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your folio is sweet and it makes a great memory book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAAAw-now isn`t that the sweetest baby gift I`ve seen this year! So cute...Thanks also for the clear tutorial. I`ll have to wait a while untill I can afford to buy Eileen-´s new dies. But I love absolutely every project made with them so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! I love how you showed a different look and use for the die. Any new mom would love this! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how adorable Sarah Lizzie - any new parents receiving this would be thrilled to have such a wonderful place to store their precious memories xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a treasure for a baby boy!! Delightful project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet & would be a wonderful treasure for any Mom of boys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful album for parents! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delightful baby boy folio!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some little boy will be very lucky! And what a great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, this is PRECIOUS! You really poured your talent into this creation. Thanks for
    showing us your process. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Sarah Lizzie, any new parent would be delighted to receive this! Super! Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is so charming - what a lovely keepsake for a new mom! I am a lover of clean lines so this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute journal. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet folio journal! I love the papers and details you added! Beautiful project with these awesome dies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely adorably heart melting, great process photos too

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea to use the folio die for a baby book! Any mom would be thrilled with this sweet book to keep photos and mementos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Would love to make a folio like this in pink to celebrate my granddaughters upcoming first birthday. Great inspiration!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute! What a perfect album for a baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect baby album! I love all the spots to tuck memories & mementos. Thanks for sharing this, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Sarah

Popular Posts