Easter Treat Box


Welcome back to my blog. The themes for this month is fibres, fabric and felt. I wanted to combine this with Easter which is just around the corner. I have made this cute little treat box incorporating a beautiful fabric ribbon to the spine of my project. This fun treat box also has an egg shaker on the front of the box to make it fun for children!

Below is a step-by-step tutorial of the making process;

Step 1: I cut out the base for my project.


Step 2: I then covered the front and back covers with yellow textured card stock.


Step 3: I cut out one egg from yellow gingham paper, which I then glued to the front cover and then I used the egg die to add another egg but cut all the way through, so that I could add the shaker.


Step 4: I filled the shaker with beads and sequins. I positioned the shaker in place, and used a spare piece of the textured card to attach to the reverse of the front cover, securing the shaker dome at the same time.


Step 5: I wanted the sides of the box to blend in with the front and back cover, so I added the same card to the sides of the box.


Step 6: I used hot glue to build the frame for the box and then I also added the spine to the book part. Once the glue was set, I added this gorgeous fabric to cover the spine. Lovely isn’t it?


Step 7: I then glued the box frame to the back cover of the book.


Step 8: I decorated the front of the book, Easter theme of course!


Step 9: I added the remaining fabric to the inside of the box to keep the fabric theme going throughout the box.


Step 10: I added a border and hearts around the outer sides of the box.


Step 11: I put a strip of matboard along the outer side of the box (at the top) and then added 3 strips of Velcro to secure the book cover to the box frame.


The Easter Treat Box is now complete and full of sweet treats ❤️




Thank you for stopping by my blog. Don’t forget to check out the rest of the teams projects via www.eileenhull.com

See you all very soon ❤️




















 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Sarah

Popular Posts