‘A cup full of love’

 


Welcome back to this ‘Valentine’s Special’ blog! So, I wanted to create something to celebrate love.
I have created this sweet little teacup, made using Eileen Hull’s teacup die. I am going to show you step-by-step how I made it....

Step 1: I die cut the basic shapes


Step 2: I decided on my basic colour theme and then cut out the papers


Step 3: I wanted my spoon to be textured, so I used a heart embossing folder that I have. The plain spoon looks so much better now it’s embossed!


Step 4: A teacup wouldn’t be the same without a saucer, So I used some circle dies I have, one with a plain edge and the other with a scalloped edge. I cut out a variety of different sized hearts to use on my design.


Step 5: The next step is to glue the patterned papers onto the matboard.



Step 6: I wanted to add a name tag to my teacup, so here it is...


Step 7: I wanted to glue the teacup down to the saucer as I wanted to add some flowers to the base and I didn’t want it sliding around. I glued the tag on also.



Step 8: Decorating is my next stage, my favourite part to any project! I wanted to keep it on the valentine’s theme, so I chose roses to add to my design. I added 3 glittery hearts down the side of the cup, by the handle.


Step 9: I made some more hearts, glued them to stems and they were then attached to the inside of the cup.



Step 10: I added some tissue paper and the rest of the hearts into the cup. If you wanted to add a selection of chocolates or other gifts inside, you can do...





I hope I have inspired you to make something this Valentine’s Day, you can’t beat homemade gifts!

Take care and see you all very soon x























 


Comments

Popular Posts