New Year, new card design

 Welcome back to my blog! I hope you all had a good Christmas and I would like to wish you all the best for 2021!

I have been working on a new design using Eileen Hull’s dies. Today I will be showing you how to make this inspirational card. We all need some positive vibes during these difficult times, what challenging times we are living in.



Step One: Choose whatever size greetings card you would like to use and of course get a matching envelope. Also, I cut a square of card to fit comfortably on the front of my card, which will be the main base for my design, as you will see in this blog.


Step Two: I wanted to add some hearts to the square of card which I cut by hand, so I chose this beautiful embossing folder. I put the card into place and then rolled it through the sizzix big shot machine.


Step Three: I decided on my colour theme, which today is a pastel - pink. I wanted to add colour around the edges of my design and blended the pink out towards the centre of the card. The ink I used was Tim Holtz  Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick.


Step Four: I found some matching - coloured raffia, I glued a strip onto the cardstock, made a bow and then attached that to the cardstock too. I then glued the main piece down to the greetings card.


Step Five: If you haven’t guessed by now, I love to make inspirational cards, gifts and much more. I feel that encouraging positivity helps to balance our life. So, of course this greetings card is going to have some positivity about it! I chose my verse... “In a world where you can be anything, be yourself”, which is so true we need to be accepted for who we are. I used this jelly stamp and a black ink pad to add the wording to the card.


Step Six: I die cut some flowers and leaves using Eileen Hull’s dies. I used various materials - patterned paper, card and felt.


Step Seven: I then started to arrange the flowers and leaves onto my design...


Step Eight: Once I glued all the flowers and leaves on, I added a pearl into the centre of the flower just to finish it off. My inspirational greetings card is now complete!


I hope you have enjoyed this step-by-step tutorial. If you have any questions then feel free to drop me a message. Do you follow Eileen on Facebook? If not, check out her fan club group - Eileen Hull Fan Club. This group is full of ideas and inspiration. Eileen has a wide range of dies for sale, which can be found in her Etsy store.

Thank you. See you all very soon, until then take care and stay safe!

Comments

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Sarah

Popular Posts