Eileen Hull’s Comfort & Joy Event

 

 



Welcome

Hi, It’s great that you are here, checking out Eileen’s Comfort & Joy event, designed to bring some comfort and joy during this festive season.


Childhood memories

Childhood memories from Christmas fill me with warmth and love. It was such a special time of year, knowing that Father Christmas will come to visit and leave presents under the tree. I used to love waking up on Christmas Day morning full of excitement and happiness. Happy memories of family time, building snowmen, sharing the Christmas joy with my family, going to church celebrating this happy and joyous day! Oh the memories! What a special time childhood was.

My journal is based on all these memories and good times from my childhood that I would like to share with you. 


Journal Cover

I created the base of my cover using matboard and then I chose a festive background paper and worked up the layers, as pictured below;


I wanted to blend the red throughout my cover, so I used distress ink to highlight the edges!


I added silver ribbon to the base of the spine and then added a thin strip of red & white ribbon


The cover was then finished off with some embellishments.


I chose my background paper because robins to me remind me of the saying 
“Robins appear when loved one’s are near”
I lost my dad a few years ago, so every time I see a robin near me it brings me reassurance that I know my Dad isn’t far away and watching over me.


Inside the Journal

Inside my journal is made up of all the things I remember from my childhood, all the things I enjoyed and cherished.
The birth of baby Jesus, visiting church and sharing the good news, coming home to open presents around the lit Christmas tree, hoping it would snow so I could build a snowman and have a snowball fight with my Dad and much much more...


Shopping with Mum & Dad before Christmas. This black and white building brings back memories of shopping in Chester UK - it’s such a beautiful city right on my doorstep!


Father Christmas visits at the local garden centre with my Mum & Gran...


All my pages ready to go inside my journal...


The joy of sitting around the Christmas tree, admiring all the presents...








Decorating the Christmas tree...




Reindeers, I love Rudolph with his shiny red nose...



I love to add elements from old Christmas cards to create this new journal...




Decoupage train scene, which was from an old greetings card I was given last Christmas...



The best time of year! 


You’ll notice that I have used a lot of the traditional colours within my journal, as well as blues, giving it that cold feeling! You can’t beat winter, being snuggled on the sofa in front of a log fire. I love this time of year so much and all the memories I hold in my heart.

Each of us have our unique styles and ways of working. I love to use recycled bits and bobs and turning them into new projects! Giving them a new lease of life and of course reducing waste! 

I used Sizzix Eileen Hull Journal Die to create the cover. I love the versatility of Eileen’s dies and what you can create with them. 

Do you have childhood memories of you Christmas? I would love to know yours if you would like to share them. Feel free to share my post with your family and friends to give them some crafty inspiration. Don’t forget to check out Eileen Hull’s Facebook Fan Club to see the rest of the Comfort & Joy projects.

I would like to thank you all for reading my blog and I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and all the best for 2021!
🎄🎅🏻❤️🎅🏻🎄



Comments

  1. Wonderful Christmas journal and definitely full of joy! Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and such great memories <3 Thanks for sharing with us Sarah Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Sarah

Popular Posts