Christmas Magic!



Hello and welcome to this special Christmas blog!!

Above are three projects that I have been working on. Both the first and last project are using the new snowman die and the middle one is using the new mitten die.

Skiing Snowman: To start with I used the barrel shaped cut and formed a slope. I cut some spare matboard to secure the slope so that it was free standing. I have some really nice fluffy wool which gives the cool impression of snow, so I cut lengths of wool and glued to the slope. I got a couple of skewers, cut them in half and painted them black for the posts for my 'Start' sign. I hand cut out a banner and outlined the edges in black and then added the 'start' wording. The ski poles were also made out of skewers, which i painted in a gorgeous metallic blue to give them shimmer! 

For the skis, i hand cut them and painted them in the matching metallic blue watercolour paint. I then moved on to the snowman, I painted his hat, scarf, nose and buttons using various colours of metallic paints. Once all the layers were dry, I then assembled and attached the snowman to the slope with hot glue and a thin strip of matboard.

I am really pleased with the finished outcome! Perfect to have out on display at Christmas! Kids will love it.



Red Mittens: This cute little storage container is so easy to create and is so useful to hold a wide array of objects from stationary to sweets. I added a few coats of metallic watercolour paints to the mittens, i wanted to leave them plain red to give it that festive feel! I left the box and zig zag cut outs unpainted. I used the same red metallic on the hearts and attached to the outsides of the box. To complete, I then attached the mittens with hot glue. These make sweet little gifts which can be filled with all those festive treats!



Christmas display stand: I wanted to create something a little different with the snowman. I thought why not incorporate two dies! So, I did! I used the display stand die as my base and the barrel of the snowman as a fence! I painted it brown using the metallic watercolour paints, left to dry then used while glittery embossing powder which I then heat embossed! It now gives the impression of snow sitting on the fence!

I painted the accessories for the snowman and then attached with glue. I added some pen detail to the snowman and the piles of snow below him. Once he was attached to the fence, I used a 'Merry Christmas' stamp to finish. An easy-to-do room decoration for the festive season!



I hope that I have filled you with some Christmas cheer and given you some inspiration to create beautiful decorations for your home this year!

Thanks for coming to the Eileen Hull/Sizzix Chapter 3 Release Party Blog Hop! Check out the creative ways the Inspiration and Education Teams have used the Mitten and Snowman dies! We hope that you will be inspired too and share how you use the dies in the Eileen Hull Fan Club.

But wait- there’s more- the Release Party continues! You won’t want to miss the Facebook Live at Eileen Hull Designs at 12:00 noon Eastern time on Wednesday, July 1! Join the chat- and a random commenter will win the Snowman die. We are so glad you joined us to celebrate the Chapter 3 release.

Please hop with us through all of the projects and leave comments on the different designers' blogs. A lucky commenter will win the Mitten Box die…


Thanks everyone! 

http://www.eileenhull.com/2020/07/christmas-in-july-new-dies-released-a-hop.html


Comments

  1. Your projects are so cute and the skiier is darling! Love the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects Sarah Lizzie, little skier is different, great one for the kids! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodnes! what fun projects! LOVE the snowman skier, your wonderful red mitten and your snowman display!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skiing snowman just put a big smile on my phase. What a creative way to use this die. I love that project :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your projects. That skiing snowman is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! The ski slope really tickles my fancy, but I really love the display stand with the fence. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your projects, the ski hill is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, love the snowman skier...to clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whouah! Really magic! I love! ❤️😍💕⛄

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so cute, and that skiing snowman and snow are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love that skiing snowman - a mix of Ski Sunday and Eddie the Eagle with such attention to detail on his ski poles and skis. The faux stitching around the mitten and finish to the fence for the second snowman are the perfect finishing touches too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute! You are extremely creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very fun projects with these awesome dies! Love the snowman creations, and the mitten box is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AHHHHH soooo sweet! I LOVE the skiing one! So many cute snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The skiing snowman is so much fun! Beautiful projects, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG that ski snowman!!! love your projects but that is just the coolest

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the snowman skier! Great, fun idea!

    Noreen
    Crafty Journal

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cool way to use the snowman parts! I didn't realize how talented he was that he could ski :-) The projects are just adorable- thanks so much for being part of the hop Sarah Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That skiing snowman is just too cute for words!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Sarah

Popular Posts