King Charles Coronation Cup



WELCOME!!

May project is here! I have decided this month to do a project around the King’s Coronation. I was thinking for a while about what dies to use, so I went for the great British tea cup! So, I am using Eileen’s Tea Cup die 664797 which is combined with the Sizzix thinlet tile alphanumeric die 666043.

I have taken step-by-step photographs of the process, so here goes….

Step 1: I cut out the cup using matboard.


Step 2: I then cut a circle of ivory matboard free hand. This is going to act as my saucer. I didn’t want a plan saucer so I had the idea of using the mandala die 664882 as a kind of emboss. So with this, I used a thick piece of matboard, lined the die on to the matboard and sent it through the sizzix machine as you would do with a normal die. Due to the thickness of the material, it doesn’t cut all the way though, which is great as it just leaves the impression of the die (as shown in the 2nd photo below).



Step 3: So with this saucer now embossed, I decided to add some gold pen detail to pick out certain parts of the gorgeous mandala die! I continued with the pen detail until I was happy with the saucer.


Step 4: I used the alphabet die to cut out the wording for the tea cup, as shown below.


Step 5: I used some gorgeous shiny, gold card stock and embossed this to glue on to the base of the spoon, to add a bit of texture and posh detail.


Step 6: I then created this gorgeous red, white and blue bunting to add to the tea cup.


Step 7: Using the alphabet die, I cut of the numbers for the year and added them to the tea bag tag.


Step 8: I then added some plain, floral detail to the saucer to complete my design!


Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
Don’t forget to visit www.eileenhull.com to check out the rest of the teams designs!

Sarah Lizzie ❤️






















Comments

  1. Such a charming piece! I love how you added details to the doily!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Sarah

Popular Posts