The Sunflower Collection

 


Hello all! Welcome back to my blog! 

How is it March already?! It doesn’t seem long ago since it was Christmas.

Hope you are all keeping well. 

This month’s theme is tags and pockets! I have decided to base my project on Sunflowers, it’s that time of year where we are sowing them ready for them to fill our gardens with joy and happiness!

I have created a selection of sunflower gift tags and a pocket to store them in (though some one the tags are slightly too big)

The dies I have used are;

- Bigz Sunflower 666045

- Library Pocket ATC Card and Tabs 666151

- Gift Tags and Waterfall 665154

- Tile Alphanumeric 666043

- Table Cloth Embossing Folder 666154

- Skinny Mini Elements 665980


Let’s get started…


Step 1: I cut out some tags, sunflowers etc to start…


Step 2: I used the skinny mini element to create a background for a couple of the tags…


Step 3: I started on this large tag, I layered up the sunflower. In the centre of the sunflower, I used a distress ink around the edges…


Step 4: I added a sentiment to the centre of the sunflower to complete this first tag…


Step 5: Taking a smaller tag, I used the cut from the skinny mini die as a stencil. I used a yellow/orange distress ink to cover the background…


Really pleased with how it turned out!


Step 6: I added part of a sunflower to the tag and then added the word ‘Happy’. I used the ‘stencil’ and attached to another small tag. I am using this as the base to build another sunflower on…


Step 7: I started on a couple of the larger tags, I used the cloth embossing folder for one and then I used the negative from the die cut to add colour for the base of the next tag…



Step 8: I used the ATC holder as a pocket to store the gift tags in. I used the left over centres from the sunflowers as decoration for my pocket…


Step 9: At this point, I got slightly carried away and engrossed in my project, that I forgot to take anymore step-by-step pics. So, my next step on all my tags was to add pen detail to the edge of the tags and on each sunflower - to give it that textured look and to add a bit more detail for the eye to see. I used a mixture of white gel pen and black ink pen. 






The final stage is to add twine to each tag…



Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope that I have given you a bit of inspiration to create some of your own sunflower tags! Don’t forget to check out the rest of the teams blogs over at www.eileenhull.com.

See you all again very soon!

🌻 Sarah Lizzie 🌻

























 


Comments

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Sarah

Popular Posts