Handmade Bird Feeder



 



Hello! Hope you are all keeping well. So, May is bird-themed month in the Eileen Hull Fan Club and teams! I wanted to create something very different so here we are….
This handmade bird feeder was created using Eileen Hull’s Gift Box die (with a few adjustments made, it easily transformed into this handy and practical bird feeder!

I have compiled a step-by-step tutorial below;

Step 1: I cut out the base for my bird feeder using the gift box die (664345)


Step 2: I cut a spare side with flaps, so I can attach this to the box to form a roof


Step 3: The box was then glued together using hot glue and then I added one of the scalloped edges to the of the roof (sandwiched between the 2 flaps)




Step 4: I added some more scalloped edges to the base of the box, one to the front and reverse


Step 5: To enable the bird to reach the food in the feeder, I cut out each side


Step 6: With the sides now cut out, I needed something for the birds to perch on, so I have added a piece of dowel all the way through the feeder and out the other end


Step 7: The next stage was to add a top panel to the front and rear of the feeder, which I then finished off with some scalloped edging



Step 8: Now for the fun bit, decorating yey! I wanted to keep it all bird-themed so of course, I had to add some of this gorgeous card!


Step 9: I cut lollipop stocks the same length and then glued into place on the roof and the front and rear of the feeder. To finish, I added a chimney too!






Step 10: I added the label to the front and added ‘Hello’



My bird feeder is now complete, time to varnish it and fill with bird seed!


All ready for our birds now! You will be surprised how much seed it actually holds!




Thank you for stopping by my blog.
See you all very soon ❤️



















































Comments

Popular Posts