Spring is in the air!

Hi all, hope you are keeping well. Welcome back to my blog. Today I will be showing you how I created this stunning Spring Inspired Folio Journal using Eileen Hull’s new Folio and mandala dies.


I was inspired to create a Spring theme to add a bit of positivity in brightness into our lives. Spring bring new growth, new beginnings and beautiful colours. I will show you step-by-step how I created this sweet folio.

Step 1: I cut out the base for the folio.


Step 2: I wanted to do a colour mix for my covers. I decided to use metallic watercolour paints to give it that sparkle! I used the negative from the mandala, and added colour within it, so the mandala can sit upon the coloured base. I then splattered paint around the remaining sides, inside and edges of the folio.


Step 3: I then cut out the doily and used Eileen’s wording die to cut the word ‘journal’. I then glued the folio together using hot glue.





Step 4: Now that the paint is completely dry, I glued on the white doily...



Step 5: I opened the folio and cut the sides so I can easily lift notebooks in and out with ease.


Step 6: I then started to make 2 notebooks, one is just a regular notebook to jot down or make lists and the second is a travel journal to write down places you have been etc. I used twine to hold both books together.





Step 7: I added stickers to the inside of them folio to add a bit of inspiration and positivity! I added a couple of cards and then started designing the front cover. I wanted to incorporating a Spring theme and plenty of flowers!!!



Finally, I added a beaded keyring with a star charm on the end, and then added a cute little pink tassel to finish! My design is now complete! 





I hope I have inspired you to create something similar using Eileen’s new dies! They are amazing a so versatile. Feel free to share what you have made in the Eileen Hull Fan Club over on Facebook. 

Take care and see you all again VERY soon!




















Comments

Popular Posts