The Great Outdoors!


"Nothing soothes the soul like a walk on the beach"

Welcome back to my blog. This theme is 'The Great Outdoors', so there is nothing better than a seaside theme! I love being at the seaside and listening to the waves crashing up against the shore. Here I will show you how to create this display stand. 

1. You will need Eileen Hull's Display Stand Die to begin. I have put it through my sizzix machine and done the cut...

2. I then decided on my theme and started designing! I cut out a strip of yellow card and blue card to put behind the top layer to act as a background and then I started stamping my design out...

3. I stamped the embellishments onto watercolour paper, as I wanted all my design to be completed using pearlescent watercolour paints to give it that sparkle! I started painting my design...


4. Once all the painting was done, I left to dry. I started adding pen detail to give the scene added texture and to go over the outlines to make the objects stand out more. I then added fine sand and shells to make my beach come to life!! I added some wording within the sky...


5. Once all the pen detailing was complete, I then started placing the objects onto the stand to see where I wanted them. Once I had decided, I glued onto the base using hot glue...


My design is now complete and I am really pleased with it! I am just wishing I was sat on that deck chair looking out to the sea, mindfully listening to the waves and soaking up those sun rays!! 

Thank you for taking the time in reading my blog and I hope I have inspired you to start crafting!

I will be back again soon, until then take care and stay safe! 



Comments

  1. I love this Lizzie! What a great beach feel. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you actually used sand and shells! Looks fantastic and such a clever idea :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Sarah

Popular Posts