Junk Journal ❤


Hi and welcome back to my blog! This time I am doing a Junk journal. I love how this turned out. Here is a step-by-step tutorial about how I created it... 

Step 1: 
I used Eileen Hull's Passport Die and cut out the basic body of the book.

Step 2:

I wanted my junk journal to be textured, so I applied texture paste as a base.

Step 3:

While the texture paste was still wet, I adding pearls, jewellery making bits and bobs. I let the paste dry before starting on the next layer.

Step 4:

I wanted my junk Journal to have an old, rustic feel to it, so I used a mixture of gold and silver guilding wax. Once dry, I then added some more embellishments and die cut some white leaves out. Its now beginning to come alive ❤

Step 5:

Next step was to glue the binder and covers together. I added lace to the binder of the book, doesn't it look smart?! 

Step 6:

I then cut out some pages ready to decorate.

Step 7:

I used some leftover leaves and lace as well as small scraps of paper I had. 

Step 8:

Layers were them built up and the inserts were starting to take shape. I wanted this book to have a positive feel to it, so I used quite a few wordings within this journal.

Step 9:

All the pages were finished, with lots of different materials used to complete this sweet journal. 

Step 10:

The final step was to attached the inserts to the body of the journal. For this is used twine. I also added twine for the fastening of the journal just to keep it all looking rustic and old. I added some jewellery to the binder and they we have it, one finished junk journal. Thank you for reading. I hope this has inspired you to create your very own junk journal ❤

Comments

  1. This is beautiful Sarah Lizzie! Your junk journal has so many cool elements- thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with us all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Sarah

Popular Posts