Crochet Hook Holder




Hi, Welcome back to my blog! This time I thought I would show you a sewing project that I have just completed. I used Eileen Hull's Wrap Journal die to make this. So, let's begin....


1. To start with, I cut 2 x wrap journal covers and I cut one strip of felt out by hand, which is going to hold the crochet hooks.


2. Taking Eileen Hull's leaf die, I then die cut a mixture of different shaped leaves in different shades of green. I am going to have all the leaves at the base of my design project. I chose a few crochet flowers and buttons to match.


3. I then used some silks and sewed the leaves on. Any over-hanging leaves at the base, I just cut off to make them in-line with the base of the cover.


4. I then positioned the flowers and sewed them to the journal cover.


5. I created these cute roses using a creamy-yellow silk thread. I love creating these roses by hand, they are so effective and so easy!

To make them;
*Create 5 lines in the shape of a flower (same as the stars below but add an extra line)*
*Take your thread and go under and over every other line*
*Keep going round in a circle until all the thread has covered the lines*


6. I then created little stars, using a pale pink thread between the flowers.


7. I hand-sewed stems for the crocheted flowers and I used the sewing machine to make the stems for the roses. I made a plated chain to hang the tassel on and then I weaved purple silk through the holes of the journal and then tied the chain to it.


8. I then machine sewed all around the edges to secure the design.


9. On the inside of the design I made slots for the crochet hooks to go in.



10. And now we have our finished design! So cute but yet so useful!

I hope you enjoyed this step-by-step project. I hope it has inspired you to try making one of these great holders! See you all again soon!









Comments

Popular Posts