Especially for Dad ❤


Welcome back! I am going to show you the step-by-step process I took making this cute little mixed media notebook for Father's Day. So let's begin....


I first of all, cut the base covers out with matboard using Eileen Hull's passport book die. I decided on the inks I was going to use to create my covers.


Taking a sheet of clear plastic, I then squirted the shaving foam on top of it, added the inks and then used a thin stick to mix the colours, to create this cool effect.


Once all the covers and binder piece were covered, I scrapped the shaving foam off and I wiped any excess off with kitchen towel to uncover these fantastic covers! Aren't they beautiful? I just love this technique soooooo much.


I left the covers to dry before taking my stencil and working on the texture paste. I left the paste to dry and used the distress inks to distress the edges of the covers. I added ribbon to the binder and distressed the edges.


So before I fixed the whole book together I heat embossed some of the flowers and the edge of the binder with gold embossing powder, I added the bird box stamp, the 'Dad' wording and then the wooden bird embellishment. And then finally....


I added a mixture of black and white pen marks to create even more detail to my mixed media project. I added the page inserts and hey presto all complete. I'm so pleased with the end result ❤ Thank you for reading! Happy creating!






Comments

Popular Posts